Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peacocks take 2

My last post was all about the peacock quilt I made for my husbands manager. Well, I liked the quilt so much that I felt the need to make another one! This one I made with the intent of keeping it, well you know what they say about good intentions! I finished the quilt and decided it needed a bit more sparkle. So I got out my crystal setting tool and went to town!


I had a great time both quilting this quilt and adding the crystals,
I think it fairly shines. Enough so that I will be entering it into a couple local shows!
  A couple of detailed shots of the flowers.
I didn't count how many but I know there are at least 500 crystals!
 Sadly, the one thing I did was inflame my shoulder, so no quilting until I can get in to see my doctor!




I even put crystals in the feathers!

I really had planned on keeping this quilt for myself, but after showing it to Bobbie and seeing her reaction. I will be giving this quilt away after the quilt shows.

It will go to a good home! Now I have to make myself ANOTHER ONE!!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

That is just fabulous!!

Cntrygrl213 said...

Wow! What an amazing job!!! Wonderful!!! If you ever need to find a good home For anymore of them I've always got an open door policy around here!!!! Jk. But I do greatly admireyour work!!!! Stuuuupendious!!!! Yeah I have young children!!!

Sharon Pernes said...

What an amazing quilt!

Jennie P. said...

This is beautiful. Peacocks are my favorite! The colors are so pretty. I love it.

KatieQ said...

Your quilt is beautiful. The quilting is fabulous and really complements the fabric. I can't imagine anyone not wanting it.