Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

Swing Dance Girls

One of the things I love about our local middle school is the fact that every year each P.E. class had two weeks of dance, they learn all types of dance, with a strong focus on swing! This means if your child goes to this school all three years they end up with 6 weeks of dance instruction.
I love this and surprisingly do do the kids. Well, one of the things to come of all of the swing dance instruction, our M.S. band teacher thought it would be a great fundraiser to hold a swing dance, open to the entire community not just the kids. Well this has become such a success that this year they had to move to a larger venue, and have other school bands asking to come play, and they have added singers!
Torrie has attended all of the dances since they started, this is her fourth year and every year she ends up with more and more of her friends that want to go too. This year there were 5 plus Torrie. They all came over after school each with a couple of dresses to try, they mixed and matched and finally came up with winners, then did each others hair, ate some pizza, spilled some soda, laughed and giggled and had me do their makeup!

What a blast! I love the fact that every year the girls get ready at my house! I then drove 6 giggly 15 year olds to the dance, dropped them off with promises to be back at 10 to pick them up. I can't wait to hear all of the fun stories.

I love the dresses they come up with for this dance. Torrie always picks something with a full skirt so that it will flair out when she twirls.

This year she decided to make her dress... Oh my gosh it was perfect...Check it out! That is Torrie on the far left in the blue dress. I will try to get a better picture of her in it tomorrow. The girls were teasing her about being a barbie! She is the only one with blond hair... well blond ish

Here is another shot of some of the girls, trying to get them all together was like herding cats! And no this is NOT my car, it belongs to one of the girls dads, I drive a mommy mobile, a big white mini van, now else could I drive 6 girls at once! OK so I am off to go pick up the girls! Have a wonderful weekend. And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you Moms!

Ginny

6 comments:

Barb said...

I can't wait to hear all about it either, sounds like alot of fun. What lovely girls. Your daughter has a talent there, her dress looks wonderful.

Lynn S. said...

Very cute! The girls all look so grown up too! Hope they had fun!

Anonymous said...

My niece looks so grown up! The girls all look so beautiful. Wish I was there... She did such a wonderful job on it. Think she'd make one for me? Kidding, Torrie!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

OOO I can't wait to see a better picture of that adorable dress. How cool is it that she made it herself! I think it's great that they've developed such a love for swing dancing. It sounds like so much fun.

Myra said...

Oh what fun it sounds like you all had there! Love Torrie's dress! She did a great job! 8-)

Tissy said...

Thanks so much for your concern. We are weathering it out with no electricity still but hopefully sometime this week *sigh*. It's so nice to have support from you. The quilting community is certainly close.

Thanks again,

Darlene