Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hello World

Well, let me start by saying thank you for taking you time and checking out my blog, hopefully it will be worth your valuable time.


For my first blog post I would like to share a bit about myself.


My name is Ginny, I am the daughter of Kathy. I grew up on a little island in the Puget Sound.


My mom use to sew and I remember her making my clothing when i was about 10 or so. As I grew up, I took a couple of basic sewing classes but soon discovered that I HATED making clothing. So for many years I did many other crafts. I have dabbled in Kumihimo, Cross Stitch, Beading, Gardening, and Miniature painting to name just a few. I have also been an avid Photographer for most of my life, matter of fact went to an art institute and majored in photography. All in all I would say that my leanings have always been creative and visual.


After the birth of my first daughter I was a stay at home mom for many years, and to help out financially I started an in home daycare. I am currently a licensed child care provider. (I am sure that I will address more on that later).





So back to quilting. About 3 1/2 years ago I became interested in machine embroidery, Oh I do enjoy it also, taught my self how to digitize patterns, and one day while playing around online I found a site (threads that bind us) that had in the hoop paper pieced quilt squares. I purcahsed a pattern, tried it, made a small quilt and fell in love.

This is my first quilt!



Not with paper piecing, turns out I do not like paper pieceing at all! But it did get me started down the quilters road, now almost two years later here I am, a self taught quilter. I am still learning, every quilt I try I learn something new.

My latest projects have been...

my daughters birthday quilt

I have also been working on a quilt for my younger

daughter, I will have to post pictures of it soon, I am a bit stuck

on the quilting aspect of it. But thats another blog.

Well, duty calls and I need to end this. Again, thank you for looking and I hope you will find your way back.

Signing off for now.

Ginny

No comments: