Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sold a quilt and working on a new one.

Sunday is a day of rest right? OK so no rest for me, we have one of Torrie's friends staying with us this week while her Dad travels. Of course this is also the last week of school so the word FINALS is being thrown around a lot!


So to save my sanity I locked my self in my room last night and sewed up a little fun. This cute little guy is still a WIP, I need to add a couple more rows, then a few boarders then it will go into the QUIP (QUilts In Progress) pile. I usually wait till I have 4 or 5 of these little guys pieced before put them on the frame, then I quilt the entire weekend. I had fun with the layout on this little guy, the pattern called for all of the triangles to face the same way, with the red on bottom, pointing to the bottom left. I did not like it. So I mixed it up a bit and found I liked this layout the best. This is a close up of the fabric, it is all space aliens! The back and one of the boarders will be a space fabric in the same line, it is all planets and stars. The red of Minkee, oh so soft and cuddly!Oh I also wanted to share my good news, I sold my Rosebuds quilt! This is the first time I have EVER sold a quilt!!!! This was hands down one of my favorite quilts I have ever made, I just loved the look, the feel and the quilting. I think I may have to make another like it. I am happy it sold, Rosebuds is flying its way to Iowa as I write this as a birthday present from Grandma to her sweet 2 year old grand baby Annabell! I just know she will love her new blankie!

Well, that's about all for today, I am going to sneak out to my room for a little more sewing before I have to pick up Torrie from her afternoon job.

Thanks for stopping in.

Ginny

6 comments:

Barb said...

How fun for you...love both quilts.

nikkicrumpet said...

Both quilts are beautiful....you do such creative wonderful work. But I LOVE the one you sold. I bet they are going to be thrilled beyond measure when they get it. I'm sure it's even more beautiful than the pictures show.

Sunshine said...

congrats! It feels great, doesn't it?? A friend of mine just bought the stacked coins baby quilt I made, in fact, I made it for her, that's why it was done so quickly :)

Cheers,
Christine

Myra said...

How wonderful for you to have your rosebud quilt go to a little girl from a grandma... I love the quilting you did on it! 8-)

The WIP you are working on right now is great! 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Doodles said...

I love the quilts they are so beautiful. The one you sold is my favorite but as I have 3 girls. It kind of fits. (fyi I am dropping in from EdCC)

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous quilts!!