Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Belated Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, spent in the way that makes you most happy, be it with family and friends and large groups of people, or quietly at home with those closest to you.

We never travel during the holidays, so ours was quiet and mostly peaceful (that was until I found out that my fridge had malfunctioned and turned everything in it to ICE)

A quick trip to the store restocked most of our dinner... and then all went off with out a hitch! Torrie had a friend over, Julia is from China and ask is she could come over for dinner, she wanted "an American" Thanksgiving, she is the sweetest girl so we were more than happy to have her, I just about blew her mind when I added rice to the table, I then put it back in the fridge and told her I was only joking, no rice for Thanksgiving!

On the quilting front today has been busy, I had a lady come over and she worked on a quilt, then this evening I finally pieced the backing for Karen's purple quilt, I got it on the frame and have made 4 passes on the panto I am using. The panto is called Whoopsy Daisy, and is very cute, I will edit and add pictures tomorrow! With any luck I will have that quilt finished and off the frame Sunday afternoon, Then I get to piece and quilt a couple of Daycare quilts that have been sitting idle since.. January! Nothing like a little procrastination to add spice to life!
Well I am off to bed, heading over to the shop tomorrow to do some tune up work on the Babylock, oh and a bit of shopping at Joanns, they have batting for 50% off and a 20% coupon, can't pass that one up, buying two rolls of batting, so excited I could jump!
Happy quilting!
Ginny

No comments: