Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Quick Christmas Tour

Wow! Can you believe it less than two weeks till Christmas and amazing things are happening in our home!

I have been working hard to get Jackie and Laurens quilts done, just have the binding to go, I have to say that they turned out nice! I am in love with Jackie's it is beautiful! I will get a picture of it as soon as I get it bound I promise!
We decorated the house last weekend, I thought I would show you a few pictures of our little Christmas world!

So, welcome to my house!
Torrie and Morgen with a newly decorated tree! They have been in charge of putting the ornaments on the tree for years now, one of my favorite traditions we have done since they were born, every year they each get a special ornament, when they are grown and have homes of their own they will get their ornaments for their tree, complete with a life time of memories!Scoochy loves to sleep under the tree! We thought it was so cute, Scooch on one side, Groucho on the other!
Scoochy meets "Tommy The Talking Snowman" or as Stuart and the Girls call him, Tommy the Evil talking doll! They Hate Him! I don't put him up often, and when I do I have to put tape across his motion sensor because he never stops talking!

This is Morgen's Nutcracker collection, we took her to the ballet several years ago, she loved it! (pretty amazing since she is my tomboy) Ever since she has collected nutcrackers. We actually leave these up year round she loves them so much! Psst, don't tell her but the one she is getting this year is super cool, and nothing like any you see here!

OK so this is MY favorite Christmas decoration we do! We have this beam that runs the length of our house, I put a Garland up, wrapped with lights and hang ornaments from it, The picture does not do it justice, it is breath taking, and everyone who comes into the living room notices it and comments!

Every year we put up our Christmas village, this year it is Santa's village, next year it will be the Victorian village, we alternate years! The Victorian one is mine, the Santa one is Stuarts! I like both! (oh the blue stocking was made for Stuart when he was a baby, isn't it cute!)
The large house to the right of the picture is the advent calender.
Almost done with the nickel tour! This is Torrie's stocking, We got this for her on her first Christmas!
This is Morgen's stocking, I made it for her when she was just 2. It is cross stitched and I love it!

Well, that was the quick tour, we love Christmas, and I love to decorate for it. I will try to get some good outside pictures after it snows this weekend, Oh did I mention they are predicting tons of snow and sub zero temps for us next week.... Brr I hate the cold!
Well, I will check in again soon, time to get back to work.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!
Ginny

No comments: