Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Longarm Machine Rental part 1

As many of you know, I am a Daycare provider... I work from home and because of that I don't get to spend a lot of time with adults! Because of that I have found over the years that I tend to gravitate towards online groups, it allows me to interact with other quilters from home. I am a member of several really great yahoo quilting groups, the Quiltropolis longarm group, various Facebook quilting groups and of course I read a LOT of quilting blogs.

And for those of you who read my blog on a regular basis know that I am now an Instructor for our local shops Babylock Jewel certification and basic longarm quilting class.

So, the other day I was reading on one of my groups and a lady ask about the Pro's and Con's of renting her longarm, and I posted a little bit about my class and what I teach. Now I didn't really expect anyone to respond to my posting, imagine my surprise when I got an email from Renee in Georgia. Renee had a BUNCH of questions so I ask her to call me, she did and we spent about 45 minutes on the phone chatting, BTW Renee is like the nicest person and I REALLY enjoyed chatting!!!

As we were ending our call, I decided I would share with you all (and Renee) a little bit of what I teach in my class with pictures. So for those of you who do not longarm, or are not interested in my class then you may find the rest of this posting very boring. But if you are a longarm quilting and have been thinking of renting your machine, or if you are a quilter and want to learn you might find this interesting (no guarantees though!)

Before the picture show begins, I want to say a very special THANK YOU to Fonny my very willing student, I kind of sprung on her the fact that I wanted to take picture of her for my blog, she very generously agreed to participate!

After writing up this entire post, I have decided to split it in two as it ended up VERY LONG, So please continue to scroll down for the rest of the story..........................................

1 comment:

cynthia howe said...

After reading your course outline, I would be interested in more information on your classes. I think that I would like to take a couple of good classes before committing to purchasing a long arm. Can you tell me where you are located and how I can get further information