Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Well, another weekend come and gone. I could sigh and say I got nothing done, but even though I feel like I didn't get anything done, I guess I did. I got Dianna's Christmas present made, she wanted a purse like the one I made a couple of months ago, so I made her a matching one! She collects purses and I know she will love it.

We also got our flower beds cleaned out and ready for winter, it has been amazingly warm and wonderful, I am having a hard time realizing that Thanksgiving in only a week ish away!

I did get some Christmas shopping done this weekend also. We are doing something a bit different this year, this is a cash only Christmas, I have not used credit cards for a couple of years now so that is not much different, but we are setting a hard cash limit. I have been telling the girls that it is going to be a small Christmas, and will be sticking to that! [wish me luck]

Quilt wise I got a couple more Blankets of Love done, I have 20 washed and just needing quilt tags, I need to find an easier/quick way to do the tags, embroidering them takes forever!

I also finished and delivered the quilt that I have been working on for Morgen's schools winter fest. they do a silent auction to make money for the Tech department and library at the school. So when I won the block lottery for the batik pinwheel squares I thought it would be fun to work them up into a quilt to donate, so that's what I did!
I think it turned out pretty well, my boarder was a bit wobbly, this was also the first time I have ever done prairie points, I love the look and thought it went well with this pattern, I did try a regular binding first but it was pretty boring!

I ended up quilting this quilt twice. I am still having problems with the Baby lock, I can not do straight lines with the darn thing, it goes straight, then jerks to the left. I am also still having a huge problem with my tension on back, I go from way to tight to huge thread nests. I got so discouraged with it that I pulled out all the quilting I had done, and did simple stitch in the ditch on the pinwheels and a nice crosshatch on the squares blocks. All with a walking foot. I looks much nicer than the first time on the frame.

I get really discouraged, sometimes I get good results, sometimes I can't get the thing to work at all. I told Stuart that I am so ready to just sell it and get something else a little larger but that will actually sew!
I am seriously looking at a Baileys 15" machine, I never plan on doing quilting for money just hobby work so I don't feel I can justify anything more, although I would love have a HQ 16. But the Bailey's will have to do for now. (I am hoping to have enough save by my birthday!)

Well that's about it for my weekend ramble....Oh my Gosh I almost forgot!!! I was nominated for a cool blogger award! the Kreativ Blogger Award, my online friend Karen O from Texas nominated me! (Thanks Karen!) I was so surprised, I don't really say anything important on my blog! So now I have to nominate 5 of the blogs I read, this will be interesting as I only read 3 blogs on a regular basis and number one is Karen's!

So give me a couple of days and I will get the Kreativ Blogger Aware up on here!

Well, talk to you all in a day or so, thanks for stopping by!
Ginny

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

The weekends always end with me wondering where it went! You got a LOT done!

The letter from Fernando was so moving.