Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Daughter Died Last Night! (in a play)

Good morning,
I hope every one has had a wonderful weekend so far! Mine has been a blast. Last night was opening night of my daughters school production of Bugsy Malone, oh they were so great, I have to brag for just a moment! Morgen has always been a little introverted with a bit of low self esteem, this is her first time performing in a play and she did awesome. She had 5 minor roles, three with speaking lines, her best part was as a waitress, and I have to say (with agreement from several people) that she stole the scene! I was going to load a short clip of her as the waitress, but Blogger did not like it. So I will have to see if I can work out the problem and upload it later, for now I will just show you some of the pictures from the show.

From left to right, Bugsy, Morgen the waitress and Blousey



Same scene, just before Morgen gets shot!

She died very well!

Morgen is the one in white, Reporter, Lucy O'Hara, from the Irish Times!
Morgen as one of the Down and Outers, we think she looks rather like an old down on her luck school teacher, the scary part, in the next scene, she carries a neon green splurge gun.


OK, just so you don't think this is ALL about Morgen, I added this picture also, I posted a while back about doing the costuming for the play, well these are some of the costumes I worked on, actually me least favorite ones, I did not have to make them thankfully, but had to add length and take in every single one, and make bloomers for them so we didn't see any panties! The girls looked really cute!

All in all, I was super impressed, these kids worked really hard for 5 weeks to make this show great and they all did a wonderful job!

Congratulations to all of the cast and crew for a wonderful production of Bugsy Malone.

Oh and if you live locally, please consider stopping by tonight or next Friday or Saturday evening to see the show. It is totally worth the $5 adult admission to get in, show times are at 7 pm both nights, and if you want to know what school, just ask I will email you the school name!

Now I am off to do some shopping, and then Girls Scouts, no rest for the wicked!

Have a great weekend, and thank you for letting me share.

Ginny

1 comment:

Millie said...

Ginny, when I saw your title of the newest post my heart almost jump out of my chest. Thank goodness it was just a play and not the real deal. You know it is not April fools day yet! LOL Your daughter look so pretty in all the pictures. What a great play.